Beta-caroplyllene is a naturally-occurring chemical compound that has been studied extensively for its ability to modulate the body’s natural response to irritation and injury. It is found in cannabis as well as a number of essential oils including cinnamon bark, clove, helichrysum, black pepper, and, one of my very favorites, copaiba.
Copaiba (pronounced “koh-pah-EE-bah”) contains the highest concentration of this beneficial compound (55%!) of any other known essential oil.
Copaiba essential oil is made from the gum resin tapped from the copaiba tree native to Brazil and has a mild, sweet aroma and taste. It may be used aromatically, topically, and internally and is effective at:
- easing physical discomforts,
- regulating healthy immune function,
- aiding healthy digestive function,
- supporting healthy respiratory function
- aiding the appearance of healthy skin, and
- supporting emotional balance.
Another fascinating quality of copaiba essential oil is that it functions as a magnifier oil. This means that when you add a drop of copaiba to another oil it enhances the properties of that second oil, thereby increasing its overall benefits and/or allowing you to use less of a more expensive oil. Pretty cool stuff.
Here are a few ways I am currently using copaiba essential oil to support wellness:
- 1 drop Copaiba Vitality (Young Living’s “Vitality” line are oils specifically designated for internal usage) to an empty capsule along with 2 drops each of Lemon Vitality, Thieves Vitality, and Longevity, as part of my daily wellness regime.
- 1 drop Copaiba Vitality diluted 1:5 with coconut oil and rubbed onto my 5 month old’s sensitive gums
- 2 drops Copaiba blended with 8 drops Thieves, 8 drops Lemon, 6 drops Oregano, 4 drops Tea Tree, 4 drops Frankincense added to an empty 15 ml EO bottle and filled with Young Living’s V-6 oil (or any carrier oil of choice such as almond oil, olive oil, etc.). I put on a roller ball and then apply to my kids’ feet for healthy immune support.
Copaiba is one of the eleven powerful oils that come in Young Living’s Premium Starter Kit. Click here to find out how to get yours!